Anna Says...

Out of the mouth of a babe

Thursday, August 24, 2006

...A Midsummer Night's Run


On the night of Saturday August 19th, Sandra and I decided to partner up for A Midsummer Night's Run's 30K Relay. Here are the relay results where she and I placed 28 out of 37 teams with a combined chip time of 3:03:31. Hey! Atleast we didn't finish last!

Why run a 30K relay? I had three reasons:
  1. Already at the 15km long slow distance mark for my half marathon training.
  2. I loved the unique idea of running a race at night starting in the daylight and finishing by moonlight.
  3. It was a chance to have a wacky team name like "What Fools Mortals Be" to go along with the theme inspired by Shakepeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
A few fellow runners from the Running Room participated the full 30km distance in this inaugural event. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Tim had registered for the 30K during his visit from Calgary. Tim's my running guru!

Some highlights from the race:


Right: Sandra, my partner who ran the first 15K.
Middle: Me, running the final 15K.
Right: Tim, running the full 30K.



Left: At the start line. I think I see Dawn and Denise!
Right: At the finish line. Anna & Tim...No! We're not at the Gay Pride Parade!



Left: Denise crosses the finish line with joy and relief!
Right: Danny sprints to the finish.



Left: Dawn the pace fairy and manager of Running Room North York.
Centre: Ed the sock? No! Ed the fairy and manager of Running Room Yonge Street.
Right: Stanley, running 30K after running 20K to the race all the way from North York.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home